homeservicesthe blogtestimonials

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Peacock Eye!

Seeing With Many Eyes!


I  chose as my "image" for Re-imagine That!, a peacock feather, as you may have noticed!  Well, maybe I should say, it chose me...and it did. I have found over the last few years that I have been drawn to peacock feathers in my design work. Putting them in the rooms I am designing, or the jewelry I am making or the photography that I am creating. It somehow started when I was out and about driving in the Indiana cornfields, close to a farmhouse and grave site that has very special meaning to me. I was in the trenches looking for wild asparagus when I saw what looked to be..... many big brown birds in the field...I then realized they were peacocks! Females! There were eight of them!. I knew there was a message there for me, yet not until now, did I fully understand it's implication. Anyway, the day before I was to meet with Karen Valentine of Karen Valentine Design, who I hired to design this blog site for me, I was rummaging through my art bag. I had been thinking that I needed to find an image that depicted what Re-Imagine That! was all about and poof!...there it was. A peacock feather in a little plastic case.  I packed the little case in my purse to take to Karen and she created the image you see next to my header. (she also created the header! and the entire look of the blog! ) Together we re-imagined it into an eye and she flipped it around for me and added a beautiful background and this is it's re-invention!.



So not only do we see that the peacock feather has become an eye but it also looks somewhat like a fish!  A perfect example of how we can RE-Imagine anything we are looking at. Including our thoughts about things.
 This is nature showing us the power and beauty of having VISION. This also corresponds to me the moment that the human soul, after many painful rebirths, would realize that all colors of nature also exist inside them. This understanding would lead the person to finally see that there is no separation between people and nature, and that everything is one. This is the moment when a soul of lead becomes a soul of gold. The peacock, then, symbolizes this special moment of transformation.The similarity to a fish reminds me of the quote:

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime"
 Jon R. Orcutt

In my passion to help you become an empowered spirit who chooses perspectives each day that keep you IN-Joy, I want to show you through this blog, some of the things I have learned on this long journey I have been on. If I show you something you can use to make your path clearer and happier and more peaceful for you, and you share that with just one person, my work will be complete. Here are some interesting things I found out about Peacocks! No wonder those feathers have been finding me! Now I pass them on to you!!! It is amazing to me how when we change how we are looking at something, what we are looking at changes. The vast amount of perspectives on any one thing are too numerous to count, yet serve as a reminder that we can re-imagine anything into a perspective of our choosing. Hopefully re-imagining the ones that have us feeling dis-empowered and unhappy, into ones that leave us feeling empowered and IN-Joy! This picture to me, symbolizes all of the perspectives that are available to us on any given situation. Yes, we have the ability to SEE WITH MANY DIFFERENT EYES!

What are you choosing to see?


http://www.flickr.com/photos/14516334@N00/936410667/



  Interesting Finds on "The Peacock"

Peacocks have been considered a symbol of protection and enlightenment, but there is much more behind this symbol than meets the eye... Early belief held that the Gates of Paradise are guarded by a pair of peacocks.  In Egyptian, Greek, and Roman mythology, the peacock feathers were considered "all seeing " The peacock is a symbol of immortality because the ancients believed that the peacock had flesh that did not decay after death. As such, early Christian paintings and mosaics use peacock imagery, and peacock feathers. This symbol of immortality is also directly linked to Christ. The peacock naturally replaces his feathers annually; as such, the peacock is also a symbol of renewal.
“By the Peacock” was a sacred oath, because the peacock was thought to have the power of resurrection, like the Phoenix. A necklace of Amethyst, peacock feathers, and swallow feathers were a talisman to protect its wearer from witches and sorcerers. The energy of the peacock also offers confidence, foresight, and Intuition through spiritual guidance and that it signifies nobility, immortality, and transformation and in Asian cultures, the Sun. Seeing one is a great blessing and a sign of great prosperity.
Alchemists claimed that there was a moment just before the alchemical mercury was about to be transformed into gold, when the substance became colorful and bright. This moment was called "cauda pavonis" ("peacock's tail" in English), and would correspond to the moment that the human soul, after many painful rebirths, would realize that all colors of nature also exist inside them. This understanding would lead the person to finally see that there is no separation between people and nature, and that everything is one. This is the moment when a soul of lead becomes a soul of gold. The peacock, then, symbolizes this special moment of transformation.



So now...powerful indeed! With these energies that are being offered to us from 
"The Peacock. "
Renewal
Resurrection
 Protection
 Immortality
Intuition
 Foresight
 Confidence
 Transformation

I see now why I have been led to them and see even even more importance to include them in all of my work so that you will get to experience more of these energies as well.

These are a few of my custom made "Three Wishes " necklaces from the" Be The Change" line of jewelry I make. I use eighty percent RE-USED items in everything I make and sell.Yeah!!!
!






 If you want to know about pricing, how to order or more about how I imbue the specific energies into my piece Go Here!

If you want to know all the services RE-Imagine That offers Go Here! 

 Peace and Loverly RE-Imaginings!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...